A two year project
Siriwedamadura – “house of ayurvedic doctor” was originally built in 1849 and had remained in the same family until we acquired it in 2010. The house was in poor condition and the gardens had reverted to impenetrable jungle. The property underwent a full renovations programme under MMP Architects (Pvt) Ltd.
The decor is a minimalist mix of polished concrete accented by the original wooden doors, hand crafted furniture and mostly locally sourced art. The lower part of the grounds has seen an extensive investment in landscaping that raised the overall level of the property above water table and created 2 ponds. When the renovations were finished we have adopted our dog Mango from the local dog rescue centre and she has remained with us ever since.